Once again, Jerry Seinfeld is the King of Comedy topping the list of the richest comedians in the world, no surprise hun?
The Seinfeld creator earned $57.5 million in 12 months, before taxes and fees, claiming the top spot on our list of the world’s highest-paid comedians. He collected multimillion-dollar dividends from his 2017 Netflix deal and Hulu’s streaming rights to all nine seasons of Seinfeld. Offscreen, Seinfeld made more than $30 million from his first love, stand-up.
Since Forbes started tracking the earnings of the highest-paid comedians in 2006, Seinfeld has topped the list every year with the exception of 2016, when he was dethroned by Kevin Hart.
The world’s ten highest-paid comedians made a grand total of $292 million, before taxes and fees, from June 1, 2017, to June 1, 2018. This is a whopping $82.5 million lower than last year’s haul due to fewer Netflix deals. Many of this year’s funnymen—including Jerry Seinfeld, Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock—saw their streaming earnings decrease from 2017.
10 Richest Comedians in the World
10. Sebastian Maniscalco – Earnings: $15 million
9. Jeff Dunham – Earnings: $16.5 million
8. Jim Gaffigan – Earnings: $17.5 million
7. Terry Fator – Earnings: $18 million
6. Gabriel Iglesias – Earnings: $20.5 million
5. Ricky Gervais – Earnings: $25 million
4. Chris Rock – Earnings: $30 million
3. Dave Chappelle – Earnings: $35 million
2. Kevin Hart – Earnings: $57 million
1. Jerry Seinfeld – Earnings: $57.5 million